Log Home Plans & Packages
At Canada Wood Fibre Corp. each home is built to the specifications of our customers. Taking an active role in the planning and design of your own log home will be a long remembered and rewarding experience. There is a definite satisfaction in living in a home built to suit your individual or family requirements. Our talented craftsmen have built many custom homes working with one goal in mind… To meet the high expectations of each individual customer.
Included in your handcrafted log home package:
- All homes built using good quality winter cut house logs.
- Log species determined by customer.
- Each log hand peeled and full length scribed, using Norweigan Wedge Notch,
Saddle Notch, or notch of your choice on corners.
- All window and doorway openings cut to size, keywayed and flared back.
- All loft beams flattened on top to receive T&G flooring.
- Upstair balconies with log posts and railing.
- Roof ridgelog and purlins with correct roof pitch cut.
- Interior and exterior of log package sanded.
- 4′-0″ overhang on gable ends and 2′-6″ overhang on pitch ends.
- All exterior corners curled, sanded and chamfered.
- Tennon and mortice log staircase with log railings and posts.
- Log King post trusses.
- Interior log railing with log posts.
- All wall slots cut to receive interior wall finishing.
- All thru bolts supplied on exterior corners.
- All settling jacks supplied for main floor posts.
- Log package to a minimum height of 9′-0″.
- One man to supervise the re-assembly on your foundation.
Quality craftsmanship is in fact the heart of any log home…allowing it to survive generation after generation, and it is truly where we feel that we excell. With a strong desire to not ever mass produce, but take time and care with every home that is built in our yard, Canada Wood Fibre Corp. and our crew of professional builders work hard to surpass all standards, and to create homes that reflect both our customers vision for their home and our desire to fulfill that dream to the best of our ability.
Canada Wood Fibre Corp. believes that the success of each handcrafted log home is a reflection of the quality of the architectural drawings. It is imperative that all the details of your home are thoroughly worked out long before construction begins.
An important factor to consider when purchasing your log home, is what type of log profile and corner style you would like to have incorporated. This decision will greatly effect the look of your home, both aesthetically as well as structurally in regards to structural engineering and weather tight performance.
We can refer you directly to the draftsman that our company uses. He first does a preliminary drawing, and once accepted by you, completes the final working drawings that we build from. This allows you to make modifications or changes to our existing designs, or create your own custom design.
Log Homes Pricing
Canada Wood Fibre Corp. provides the customer with the log shell. Pricing is directly related to the type of log specified, design specifications, complexity of the building, as well as the number of corners.
Once we have your preferences our sales team will put a quote together which will be valid for 30 days after it is issued.
Freight is not included in the price of your Log Home Package. Upon request, we will be happy to provide you with a shipping estimate for an experienced carrier from our construction yard to your location.